Thomas J. Lyman, a founding partner of Lyman Parast, has never been comfortable in the passenger’s seat. From the racetrack to the courtroom, Thomas has spent his career with both hands on the wheel, guiding his clients to successful, effective resolutions. He knows exactly what it takes to navigate complex and contentious situations, both as an experienced litigator and an accomplished racing driver. His approach to counseling his clients is the same as if he were bringing his racecar under the checkered flag—hands on, passionate, and always seeking the best route forward.
Thomas focuses his practice on representing clients—or, as he likes to think of them, extended family—who have unfortunately been injured due to the wrongdoing of others. He zealously pursues these matters on whatever track is required to succeed; to that end, Thomas has litigated numerous cases in both state and federal court.
When he is not in the office or the courtroom, Thomas can be found on one of Atlanta’s pristine golf courses, in front of a TV watching Manchester United, or, most likely, spending time with his wife Lindsay and their two children, James and Cleo.
- Atlanta’s John Marshall Law School (“AJMLS”), top 5%
Bar Admissions: State of Georgia
- All Georgia trial courts
- Georgia Supreme Court
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- Member, Georgia Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, Atlanta Bar Association
- Member, American Association for Justice
- Board Member, Alumni Board AJMLS
- Graduate, Georgia Trial Lawyer’s Association Leadership, Education, & Advanced Direction (“LEAD”) Program
Honors and Awards
- Excellence in Appellate Advocacy, AJMLS
- Executive Notes and Comments Editor, John Marshall Law Review, AJMLS
- President, Georgia Trial Lawyers Association Student Chapter, AJMLS
- Student Liaison, New Lawyers Division of the State Bar of Georgia, AJMLS
- Dean’s Fellow and Research Assistant, AJMLS faculty